Hola Amigos! Sorry for my disappearance, I was drowned in a pile of papers, projects and chocolate wrappers but am happy to announce that I’m finally done with schooooool. I still have an internship to go before I graduate but that’s a different type of learning.
Since my brain is still friedddd from writing my last undergrad exam everrrr, this is gonna be a lazy post. Here is a list of 20 random facts bout me (as if I don’t share enough about my life already)
1. Hello Kitty makes me cringe. I know this sounds awful of me but I can’t help it! Every time I see anything Hello Kitty related, my face scrunches up and my gag reflex is activated
2. Sometimes, when I’m walking, my right ankle gives up on me mid-step and I end up doing this weird half-hop-half-gallop as my left leg tries to quickly come back in front to catch me
3. For the first half of my childhood, doctors told me that I couldn’t eat chocolate
4. But against their advice, chocolate and I eloped into happiness. (Forealz though, I used to eat chocolate in secret, in hiding from my parents)
5. For no particular reason, becoming an accountant was my life goal all throughout highschool. My supah Asian parents were very proud…. until I dropped that and was like “eh parents, I wanna be a dietitian instead!”
6. My dream cars: Jeep Wrangler unlimited sahara or Land Rover defender (I like big cars and I cannot lie). Every time I pass by one on the street, I just stop and stare… I think I’m moving but I go nowhere
7. When I’m running, my pump up song is Lost by Michael Buble (the beat is anything but pump)
8. I LOVE MARVEL MOVIES
9. I also love Adam Sandler movies (judge me allllll you want)
10. I’m terrified of heights. 2 flights of stairs with about 10 steps each is my MAX tolerance. Any more than that and my knees actually quiver.
11. I will always think that my baby brother is a cutie pie, even when hes 70 (it’s a big sister thing). And he will always be my BABY brother.
12. I don’t like dark chocolate. Milk chocolate alll the wayyy
13. I’m ALWAYS cold. I would be your most functional friend when you’re injured, because HANDSICLES = instant ice packs. (also super handy for eating chocolate cuz it NEVER melts, I was born to eat chocolate you guys)
14. I’m a hover-hugger. Physical touch scares me. (I know, could I be anymore AWKBALLS?!)
15. I don’t enjoy torturing my friends (that would be sadistic) but watching them squirm whenever I play my country music is quite interesting. One friend was in so much pain that she had to play her music LOUDER to cancel out my music. What is it with people and hating on country? Please feel free to leave your honest opinion in the comments, I’m genuinely curious as to why people hate it so much. I don’t give you crap for whatever you listen to, why you gotta do that to me bro? #hurtbutindenial
16. I daydream bout being in a rock band way too often. I’d definitely be on the electric guitar or the drums, despite my complete lack of rhythm. Which bands would I join? The Fray or ACDC, duh.
17. My fav actress is ma gurl, Cam Diaz.
18. If I had Ursula’s powers, I would want to sing like Hilary Scott.
19. Conversations with me get really messy, I’m all over the place.
20. I am unable to STOP thinking. I’m never not thinking bout something. Thoughts are always whizzing around and my brain just moves from one thought to another without a break.
These brownies were hugeee in matcha flavour, but that’s probably because I accidentally dropped my entire bag of matcha into the bowl. The measurement for matcha below is based on my estimation of what fell into the bowl. 30 grams will produce a noticeable matcha flavour that isn’t too overwhelming and will lend that deep green colour. If you’re looking for cakey brownies, these are it! Almost feels wrong calling them brownies because the texture is light and airy like cake. If you’re on a health kick, you can swap out the white chocolate chips for sliced almonds or opt out of them completely. But hey, if you’re going to eat brownies anyway… what’s another 100 calories?
- 70g AP flour
- 30g matcha powder
- 120g white chocolate, melted
- 2 tsp milk
- 70g unsalted butter, room temperature
- 60g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 100g white chocolate disks/chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Prepare 8x8in pan lined with parchment paper or greased
- Whisk flour and matcha powder together
- Beat butter and sugar until fluffy, add eggs in one at a time
- Stir in melted white chocolate and milk until combined
- Gently stir in flour and matcha powder mixture into the wet batter
- Add half of the white chocolate disks/chips into the batter and mix
- Pour batter into pan and bake for 10 minutes until HALF done
- Take pan out, sprinkle the other half of the white chocolate disks/chips over top of batter
- Bake until set, about another 7-10 minutes