These gingerbread white chocolate blondies are actually the one thing that I personally enjoy eating the most from my entire baking repertoire. Usually, by the time I’ve licked 9 bowls clean and taste-tested every step of a recipe, I’m already so taste-fatigued that I don’t even feel like eating the final product anymore. I mean, I do anyway for research purposes but just a bite or two and then I is done with it! These blondies on the other hand… I can’t get enough of them. Something about the combo of sharp gingerbread and mellow white chocolate chunks that is just addictive!
By a very happy accident, these lovely gingerbread white chocolate blondies came to be. I was halving the recipe as I was going along and of course, as per usual, I completely forget to half some of the ingredients –> ending up with a half-halfed and half-full recipe. (Are you still following?) Normally I’d freak out and (stupidly) try to separate the different elements, but I’ve FINALLY learned that doing that is fruitless. Like, have you ever tried to pick up baking powder from flour which has already been mixed with salt and baking soda?!
Well, these turned out better than I expected. The tops were crisp and center was perfectly fudgey in the non-cloying way. Seriously, you’ve never experienced true love until you’ve gently cradled a warm pan of gingerbread white chocolate blondies in a tea towel and held it lovingly to your face. I was so proud of my beautiful blondie baby.
I’ve probably made these 5 times in the last month and tweaked little things based on what I call the I-wanna-eat-you-now factors:
Aroma – ability of gingerbread smell to permeate a square footage of at least 2000sqft
Flavour – pronunciation of the spices within the molasses
Texture – slight crisp on the edges, fudgey in the centers with a smooth melt-away scattering of white chocolate
Happy to say that I’ve nailed it! I’ve given these to coworkers, friends, boyfriend’s coworkers and boyfriend’s mom’s coworkers and nobody had anything even slightly negative to say about them! It totally surprised me because there’s ALWAYS something wrong depending on the taster. If you want to please the masses, make these your weapon of choice and you won’t fail.
Gingerbread White Chocolate Blondies
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp unsalted butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup molasses I use fancy cooking molasses
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and have an 8x8 or 9x9 square pan ready.
- Whisk flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves together in a bowl
- Beat butter and brown sugar together until lighter in colour and fluffy
- Add egg and beat on med speed until slightly increased in volume
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and give it another good mix
- Pour in molasses and mix on high speed until everything is combined
- Add the flour in two batches and mix gently until JUST incorporated
- Stir in the white chocolate by hand
- Scoop the batter into the pan and spread evenly with a spatula to smooth out the top
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the centers are just set, use a toothpick to test if it's baked through.
Did you make this recipe?
Leave a comment below and tag @chocolateandconnie on Instagram.