Please sir, can I have s’more?
Hey guys! I have something to announce first, then we can continue talking bout food 🙂
I finally made a fan page on Facebook for this blog! And I would love it if you could support me by liking it 😀
Here’s the link.
Let me know if you have a fanpage on Facebook too!
Alright, now back to the food!
I’m always craving things that are out of season.
In the winter I want apple pie and lemon bars.
In the fall I want gingerbread cookies.
You get the idea.
Today was one of those days.
What triggered this weird craving? Well my friends suggested we should go camping this summer and when I think of camping I think of warm fires and roasted marshmallows. And when I think of roasted marshmallows I think of s’moress… 🙂
Wait, on second thought, maybe smores is a summer treat. Whoops, I think another thousand of these should fix my brain.
Homemade Graham Crackers
2 cups of whole wheat flour
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 large egg
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup honey
2 to 3 tablespoons milk (I used 2 tbsps)
additional milk for glaze
1. Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
2. In a separate bowl, beat egg till light, then add oil, honey and 2 tablespoons milk. Stir into dry ingredients until you have a fairly stiff dough, adding additional milk if necessary. Wrap dough in waxed paper and chill until firm, about 1 hour.
3. Turn the dough onto a floured surface and knead gently until it holds together. Roll dough out till it’s about 1/16-inch thick; make sure rolling surface is well-floured, or you’ll have trouble transferring crackers to baking sheet.
4. Preheat your oven to 375°F.
5. Cut dough into 3-inch squares, prick each square several times with a fork, and place on lightly greased cookie sheets. Brush the tops with milk and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until crackers are lightly browned.
6. Remove crackers from oven, transfer to a wire cooling rack, and cool completely.