Make your house smell lemony fresh.. without cleaning
I wish I lived with Monica from the show Friends. I hate cleaning. Luckily, I have discovered another way to make my house seem tidy without all the work. Instead of bringing out the Mr.Clean, just bake some lemon cookies! It’ll smell like some major house cleaning was done. No one will even notice the piles of dishes and dirty laundry. Score!
Uh oh, I think I may have just killed all my chances at finding a room mate.
Two days ago, on April 18th, something amazing happened. This blog turned 2 years old!!!! I’ve been a horrible blog owner and havent celebrated yet, we can all blame exams. Once my last one is finished (which won’t happen until next week, arghh) you can bet there will cake and lots of it because that’s how a blog birthday is done.
½ cup butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon lemon zest
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon baking soda
1-½ cups flour
½ cup powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray baking sheets with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
3. Whip in vanilla, egg, lemon zest, and juice. Scrape sides and mix again.
4. Stir in all dry ingredients in another bowl and add it in to the wet ingredients, excluding the powdered sugar. Scrape sides of bowl and mix again briefly.
5. Pour powdered sugar onto a large plate. Roll a heaping teaspoon of dough into a ball and roll in powdered sugar.
6. Place on baking sheet and repeat with remaining dough. Bake for 9-11 minutes or until cookies and cracked on top (mine took about 14 minutes). Remove from oven and let cookies cool down before transferring to a baking sheet.
Source: Let’s Dish