These white chocolate matcha brownies are a crowd favourite. Rich in that deep matcha flavour with morsels of white chocolate throughout, it is the perfect bite.
About these white chocolate matcha brownies:
Hola Amigos! Sorry for my disappearance, I was drowned in a pile of papers, projects and chocolate wrappers but am happy to announce that I’m finally done with schooooool. I still have an internship to go before I graduate but that’s a different type of learning.
Since my brain is still friedddd from writing my last undergrad exam everrrr, this is gonna be a lazy post.
These brownies were huge in matcha flavour, but that’s probably because I accidentally dropped my entire bag of matcha into the bowl. The measurement for matcha below is based on my estimation of what fell into the bowl. 30 grams will produce a noticeable matcha flavour that isn’t too overwhelming and will lend that deep green colour. If you’re looking for cakey brownies, these are it! Almost feels wrong calling them brownies because the texture is light and airy like cake. If you’re on a health kick, you can swap out the white chocolate chips for nuts or opt out of them completely.
More similar recipes:
White chocolate matcha brownies recipe:
White Chocolate Matcha Brownies
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp matcha powder
- 1/2 cup white chocolate melted
- 1 tbsp milk
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter room temperature
- 5 tbsp white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Prepare 8x8in pan lined with parchment paper or greased
- Whisk flour and matcha powder together
- Beat butter and sugar until fluffy, add eggs in one at a time
- Stir in melted white chocolate and milk until combined
- Gently stir dry ingredients into wet to combine
- Add half of the white chocolate disks/chips into the batter and mix
- Pour batter into pan and bake for 10 minutes until halfway baked through
- Take pan out, sprinkle the other half of the white chocolate chunks on top of batter
- Bake until set, about another 7-10 minutes
Did you make this recipe?
Leave a comment below and tag @chocolateandconnie on Instagram.
Credit where credit is due:
Adapted from Completement Flou